Signs & graphics for Friend's Groups
Friends Groups. We often find that Friends Groups are on a steep learning curve as many have not managed interpretive related projects before, or, often find that key committee members move on at just the wrong time!
We aim to make the process as easy as possible by offering a flexible solution and ensuring you can benefit from our vast experience in managing external signage projects. Typical products for Friends Groups include interpretation panels, entrance signs, lockable notice boards, lectern frames and sign structures.
Our approach involves:
- Staff available to discuss your project from a very early stage. We are happy to talk through options and provide budget prices for grant applications.
- Using us as a sounding board – we can offer lots of practical advice and experience to help you solve both technical and design issues when thinking about interpretative projects
- We provide detailed sign quotes that clearly outline our assumptions and explain what both parties are going to contribute. There should be no nasty shocks.
- Graphic design costs for both simple projects and more complex interpretive panels can be difficult to manage and can lead to a significant cost overrun. Shelley offer a simple fixed cost – regardless of how many amendments are made we provide a fixed quote and keep to it.
- We can work from artwork supplied by your own graphic designers or you can use our experienced design team. We can supply illustrations, create artwork for a map, whether birds eye view or flat style, design the overall layout and help with text on request. Many clients provide component parts – for example the illustrations or an electronic version of the map and Shelley complete the design.
- Working in a wide variety of materials and can, where appropriate, try to present proposals that keep within your budget. However tight it may be! Common materials for external signs include vandal proof GRP, acrylic and polycarbonate.
- For outdoor grade signs we normally recommend our encapsulated Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) printing process. This offers great print quality with a very tough and robust sign surface that is easy to clean
- We print in-house which means we have complete control over the process and are not reliant on sub-contractors. Paper proofs of all signs including park entrance, interpretive panels and byelaws are submitted for you to sign off before we print.
- We offer a wide range of fixing options in pressure treated softwood, oak, steel together with bespoke fixings to suit.
- You are welcome to visit our Shrewsbury factory and office. This can really help you understand the options involved
|Friends of Everton Park. The design and production of 12 different interpretive panels introducing the heritage of Liverpool and Everton Park. The Friends Group supplied all text and images, Shelley completed all graphic and design. Robust GRP signs were supplied with a mixture of steel lectern frames and steel vertical posts, all supplied with cast header panels. The project included installing into difficult and challenging ground conditions.|
|Friends of Dutton Close. An amazing effort by a group of parents raised funds for an extensive new play area. Shelley designed and produced a robust play area sign in GRP which was supplied complete with a lockable aluminium notice board and vertical steel posts|
|Derrington Village. A Village entrance sign on steel posts with images and symbols relating to images used on a series of interpretation panels we have designed, manufactured and installed around the village. The interpretive panels were printed into GRP and mounted in sandblasted Cedar frames on steel lectern frame legs.|
Coupar Angus Pride of Place are rightly proud to be RHS Gold Medal winner and Best Large Village in Britain 2013. Shelley have been delighted to help with their interpretation and have designed and supplied a series of interpretive panels. Printed in GRP there were a mixture of steel and oak lectern frames to suit the locations.